Release V0.3 Part 2

Internal Project Contribution

In the past and currently, I have worked on several issues within the Telescope community. At first I was worried about understanding other peoples code. However, after looking at a few issues and spending some time on Telescopes repository, I noticed that I could contribute to some of the issues that our community was facing. In total, I worked on three different issues all ranging from different skill levels, the easiest being the documentation update. You can check out the changes that were implemented here. In order to update the documentation, I had to read up on all the different types of logging. I excluded the unnecessary information from Telescopes documentation to accentuate the important details about how to implement the logger.

The documentation update got merged fairly quickly, this gave me a sense of relief since I was worried that I would not be able to get a commit in before the due date. Completing the required pull requests for Release v0.3 early, allowed me to tackle bigger challenges like implementing a test. I have never implemented a test, so this was a never racking experience for me. While researching about the options to solve this issue I decided to resolve, I gained some exposure to Jest. Jest is a JavaScript testing framework maintained by Facebook. I have never worked with Jest before it was very interesting to see how it worked.

Another issue that I decided to tackle was front end CSS. Currently, I am still trying to decipher what triggers the CSS change and will have to dive deeper.  The mystery continues...

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working with others

The Progress

We are off! V0.1