Paving the Way

Sorry my blog hasn't been updating recently, Im so busy getting ready to get in the groove back at home. Im not going to lie the vacation life is great! Waking up at 3pm, taking baths, and the food is ready when I sit down at the table. It's a privilege I take for granted.  Since writing a blog post helps me take a minute to reflect on the experiences I have been going through, I will keep making these blog posts. In addition, I noticed these blog posts encourage me to acknowledge the accomplishments of today, keep me focused on the progress I am making, and finally.. I must work on articulating sentences.

Here is a visualization of myself: 


An update on what I have been doing. I moved back home for Christmas, I started working on my pool hall app, and Ive been applying to positions. With Christmas break upon us I would like to get some personal projects going. This will give me the opportunity to solidify my knowledge of what I have learned so far.

I started working on this pool hall application since every billiard I visited in Toronto was keeping their data on paper... sounds like a nightmare. The current website looks like this Pool Hall App. Originally I thought this would be a simple task! keep track of each tables time played and pay! It was too good to be true. While thinking about the design and use case for this application I have run into a wide array of problems. Some of these include ensuring this webpage application is mobile friendly, ensuring this UI is intuitive, and how will this scale up.

Currently, I am tackling some smaller problems, such as, moving the date tab to a header and removing the current time ( refactoring code), a few confirmation alerts, and making the tab components are highlighted when looking at that tab. Another task on my to do list is to make sure that the regular price is adjustable as well. I will also create an Informations page for new users to read. I don't know what should be done first, the documentation or the functionality. Solo projects are always an interesting experience. 

Another task I have been working on is this website for fitness and health. I found a start up company that is looking to get their website working. Currently, I am having a difficult time pulling down the changes from Github. Apparently he doesn't know the password to the Github that deploys this website. The owner is not very tech savvy. I think we might have to just move the entire project over to Heroku. This would be a little bit more money, however, I do enjoy the platform that Heroku allows us to have. All the environment variables are located in one spot and I never have to log into the dropplet / EC2 or server. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Progress

Lab 2

A Programmers Nightmare