A Programmers Nightmare

    Today, around 3pm my neighbour blew a fuse. The house has some electricity, however, the internets electric socket did not have power. As I wondered if the neighbour was going to do anything about this, I cooked some soup and relaxed by reading some audible. After about two hours of living in 1990's, I decided to knock on their door to ask if everything was okay. Firstly, I knocked on the next door neighbour, Sarah, to see if she was home. Sarah's unit is the one with the electric panel. Unfortunately, she was not home and I got to knock on upstairs neighbours door. The lady came to answer the door, but did not open, she asked who it was and I responded with "Paul from downstairs". After pleasant greetings, I asked if she could move the router and ethernet cable to another location. She said she would try her best. As I thanked her for helping I made my way to the backyard to see how my garden was doing. Waiting another 30 minutes to see if the internet was back on. After waiting 30 minutes, I knocked on the door to ask if everything was okay. 

She replied "I can not move the router". 

I asked her "do you have an extension cord?" 

She replied "No". 

I explained my situation of how everything we do is online, I hinted at the fact that my girlfriend ( Autumn ) has a tutoring session at 6 PM, and would like to get everything working before then. 

I asked her "If we brought you an extension cord would you be able to plug it in for us?"

she replied "My husband is coming in 30 minutes."

I thanked her for her time and waited patiently outside the house. After an hour of waiting, the husband arrived home at 5:45 PM. He politely asked that I stop knocking on the door, asking that I call him at his office number instead, as he passed me his business card. I explained our situation about everything being online, and kindly asked if he could use this extension cord to plug the router in. 

He responded by saying "that is not my problem. This is the landlords problem."

After another hour our landlord's Son, Ali, opened the apartment next door and turned the fuse back on. 

TLDR: All in all a rude gesture from the tenants above gave me a headache. Started coding some python and now i'm finishing up lab 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working with others

Lab 2

The Progress