Open Source

Hello Everyone,

    My name is Paul Sin, I am a software developer starting my journey into Open source Development! This blog is apart of my journey at Seneca college which is dedicated to open source development. I took this course to challenge my skills in real world experiences and grasp the feeling of working with a team. What attracted me to open source was that it allows the community to come together and solve a common problem. 

    I am located in Scarborough, Ontario. I originally came to Toronto to surround myself in the growing start up culture, however, due to Covid-19 living in Toronto does not seem like an ideal location. Talking on Slack has given me an idea of how global the OSD600/DPS909 community is. It seems like we have students joining us from India, China, and Canada.
   
    This semester I would like to gain some experience on how to use git checkout to minimize the amount of mistakes made during coding. I would like to work on very small projects like a start up or very big projects working with professions. 

upon researching the trending repositories on Github, it seems like there are an abundant amount of opportunities to contribute to open source development. Some of the repositories that caught my attention include: 


react-challenge-amazon-clone
https://github.com/CleverProgrammers/react-challenge-amazon-clone

This repository first got my attention since I could read the code. It was something familiar that I knew I would be able to contribute on.


Cli

https://github.com/jiyoungsin/cli


This repository seemed interesting since it worked with creating cli commands. For assignment one I we created a CLI command that took in a file and identified if the urls are good, bad or unknown. As an addition we created an argument for the CLI command itself. Which got me curious If the way I parsed the command and executed the code was similar to how this repository creates cli commands.


I took this course since OSD gives me the freedom to create ideas. I have always found it fun working with others to solve a problem/puzzle. I look forward to working with everyone involved in this community. Thank you for your time.


Github Repo : https://github.com/jiyoungsin/OSD_A1_Tool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Progress

Lab 2

A Programmers Nightmare