Pump up the Jam.

 On October 19th 2020.

   This week, I worked on a web scraper, while I was browsing on the python repositories on Github, I found this issue. Web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction is data scraping used for extracting data from websites, such as Google. I have used web data extraction before when I was harvesting urls for a website. The repository owner for this weeks project, was looking to purchase some weights for at home workouts during quarantine. The repository owner wanted an email sent to his personal email when the scraper found weights in his price range. You can check out the implementation of SendGrid here

    Another project I decided to work on this week was Python-Binance, this is an unofficial Python wrapper for the Binance exchange REST API v1/3. For those of you who are not familiar with Binance, Binance is a crypto currency trading platform. It allows you to buy, sell, and trade currencies. In layman's terms it is a currency exchange. With Covid-19 happening, cashless payment systems and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are a trending discussion. For a project, I thought it would be interesting to automate interactions with Binance. 

    A challenging pull request I did this week was for the game Pong. While studying their code, I was able to learn about the turtle library. Turtle graphics is a popular way for introducing programming to kids. I remember learning about this pen and paper object orientated programming approach to coding when I first learned about Java. The Instructor taught us programming by asking us to draw shapes and lines, such as, the fibonacci triangle. The library was easy to use and was locally installed on my Mac-book. The Pong library closely resembled the pen and paper approach. The program had a simple set of rules that made the game easy yet entertaining. This was the first time I had ever worked on a game. The details were very important to every functionality. If one pixel is off, the entire game will be broken. The issue that I had first encountered was about the paddle not working correctly. This took some time to examine the code and identify the issue. After multiple failures, I had deciphered the problem. The paddle was one pixel ahead of the score zone, which resulted in paddle_A always hitting the ball. It took some thinking about the logic behind the score zone and paddle collision, however, after locating the problem the solution was fairly easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Programmers Nightmare

Lab 2

Release V0.2 4th PR